Company Information: Horton, Inc., a global airflow industry leader in reliability, service and innovation has an opening for a Maintenance Technician 2 - Second Shift to work in our Britton, SD location.
Completes assigned maintenance/facility duties, working closely with other maintenance staff, machinists, and outside service vendors to monitor compliance to federal and state environmental regulations. Keeps machines operating in a safe and productive manner and all facilities and facilities systems in good repair.
1. Responsible for the performance of industrial maintenance duties.
1.1 Operates and maintains all recycling, waste and metal palletizing equipment and systems.
1.2 Monitors condition of, and recycles coolants, oils, cardboard, and metals used in or generated as part of the production process.
Performs necessary testing and handling of water, coolant, and fluids.
1.3 Removes waste metal from the production area and recycles it. Collects chips and metal waste from production machines.
Uses carts, hoppers, and material handling equipment to transport it to the recycling area for processing and shipment.
2. Responsible for handling and disposal of waste, surplus and hazardous materials from the facilities.
2.1 Trained to respond to accidental spills or discharges of waste materials.
2.2 Maintains records on surplus, recycled, and hazardous materials.
3. Assists and/or performs periodic repair and maintenance on machine tools and production equipment in the plant in order to provide a high level of machine availability and reliability.
3.1 Responds to requests to diagnose and repair machines that are not functioning properly, using service manuals and schematics to assist with troubleshooting.
3.2 Performs work within a variety of technical fields, including electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, and controls.
3.3 Works in concert with other maintenance staff, and with outside vendors who participate in periodic preventive maintenance work.
4. Performs basic preventative maintenance on equipment, including greasing, oiling, cleaning, and following preventative maintenance (PM) procedures to complete PM schedules.
5. Orders parts and supplies to meet expected maintenance requirements. Maintains source information for parts and materials that are not stocked.
6. Provides training in work methods, procedures, and work instructions to other maintenance staff, cooperative education students, or temporary/contract workers.
7. Performs other duties as directed by Facilities/Maintenance Manager.
Requires a high school diploma, or equivalent (GED), plus a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
A 2 year technical degree is preferred.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Relocation allowance may be provided if the individual has all of the necessary qualifications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, qualified candidates should log onto https://careers-horton.icims.com.
Horton Holding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. EOE. Veterans/Disabled
For more information on Horton, Inc. please visit our web site at www.hortonww.com.
No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
VEVRAA contractor/subcontractor Requesting Priority Referral of Protected Veterans