Completes assigned maintenance/facility duties, working closely with other maintenance staff, machinists, and outside service vendors to monitor compliance to federal and state environmental regulations. Keeps machines operating in a safe and productive manner and all facilities and facilities systems in good repair.
Horton Holding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. EOE. Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA contractor/subcontractor Requesting Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
1. Assists and/or performs periodic repair and maintenance on machine tools and production equipment in the plant in order to provide a high level of machine availability and reliability.
1.1 Responds to requests to diagnose and repair machines that are not functioning properly, using service manuals and schematics to assist with troubleshooting.
1.2 Performs work within a variety of technical fields, including electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, and controls.
1.3 Works in concert with other maintenance staff, and with outside vendors who participate in periodic preventive maintenance work.
1.4 Documents repairs using maintenance data base.
2. Performs basic preventative maintenance on equipment, including greasing, oiling, cleaning, and following preventative maintenance (PM) procedures to complete PM schedules.
3. Provides support to other departments by providing specialty knowledge.
4. Upgrades machine tool electronic control equipment to improve standards of operation.
5. Orders parts and supplies to meet expected maintenance requirements. Maintains source information for parts and materials that are not stocked.
5.1 Manages spare parts inventories.
6. Provides training in work methods, procedures, and work instructions to other maintenance staff, cooperative education students, or temporary/contract workers.
7. Performs other duties as directed by Facilities/Maintenance Manager.
8. Works with vendors, and field service technicians to erform repairs, and upgrades.
8.1 Schedules vendors for service.
9. Assure all safety devices and systems are working properly and installed where needed.
9.1 Work with Safety Committee and Safety Managers to address any safety related projects.
Requires a high school diploma, or equivalent (GED), plus 3 year of related work experience. A two year technical degree is preferred.