Company Information: Horton, Inc., a global airflow industry leader in reliability, service and innovation has an opening for an Design Engineer to work in our Roseville Corporate Headquarters.
Position Summary: A professional engineering position with responsibilities in the areas of new product development, field technical assistance, sales and manufacturing support and some supervision. Experienced design engineering work with varied duties of a complex nature. With general guidance from Manager, supports new product development and improvements to existing products. Key skills to support new product development include design, analysis, DFMEA leadership, test planning, and component/system testing to ensure products achieves performance and reliability targets. Candidate will use testing results and advanced analysis tools to approve product applications and make recommendations where required. A background in vibration, vibration testing and analysis is desirable.
• Motivated, self directed, and the ability to make risk balanced decisions.
• Visits customer locations to develop an understanding of the customer's needs.
• Directs the modeling and drafting of concepts into designs that can be tested.
• Conducts computer aided analysis of new concepts with FEA and/or CFD.
• Tests materials and concepts, working closely with the test lab staff to design tests and document results.
• Determines when an aspect of a product is ready for release.
• Develops test designs to measure the function and quality of products and to test new ideas or modifications of existing products.
• Provides technical expertise in support of improvements to existing product designs; authorizes product design revisions.
• Provides engineering support to the process of modification of existing products to meet customer requirements, while retaining product function and quality.
• Participates in the process of screening vendors and their products for use by Horton.
• Provide on-site assistance to customers, including dealers, OEM's, distributors or fleet customers experiencing problems with application of company products.
• Provides diagnosis of field failures and reports the information.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a four-year engineering degree and two to five years of varied experience in engineering.