This position reports directly to the Area Manager and must work in coordination with co-workers to be effective. This position is primarily responsible for the production of quality product. This position works 11p-7a, M-F.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: (*indicates peripheral functions)
1. Will be expected to be able to perform as and have the majority of knowledge of an Operator I.
1.1 Read and follow instructions on routings and work instructions for each job.
1.2 Checks stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assembly, parts and any other items needed. Contacts material handler or Area
Manager if shortages exist.
1.3 Complete all departmental paperwork, such as routings, assembly tickets, and daily checklists. Communicate questions and problems
to Area Manager or Lead.
1.4 May assemble components as instructed on work instructions or routings.
1.5 Responsible for the safe operation of machinery used for pre-assembly components. Machinery may vary from hand tools to large
stamping or molding presses as determined by area.
1.6 May be required to use quality inspection tools such as gauges, micrometers and/or calipers.
1.7 Relay all information about current job to oncoming shift.
1.8 Maintain production rate on each job.
2. Will be responsible for the operation of all simple and complex machines within their assigned area.
3. May be responsible for some set-up of simple and complex machines within their assigned area.
4. May be required to fill in as Operator in other departments.
5. May be required to use fork truck to move parts or materials.
6. Train new operators when assigned.
7. Maintain clean and safe work areas.
8. Continuously inspect part quality.
9. Other duties as assigned.
COMMON PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
All employees are expected to deal with customers, vendors and co-workers in a positive and respectful way and perform their duties in a safe and effective manner. Certain other standards apply to all positions, with some additional standards tailored to departments or job groups. These standards are not repeated here, but may be found in other company publications such as the Horton Performance and Development Appraisal booklets, Quality Manual and related documents, and the company mission and style statements. All employees are expected to conduct their jobs by the standards set forth in these publications.
Work is mainly in a plant work environment with minimal exposure to normal office environments.
1. Strength, agility, movement: Work requires lifting, bending, pulling, climbing, reaching or kneeling. Work includes frequent movement
within the facility.
2. Sensory ability: Hearing must be sufficient to communicate by telephone, vision must be sufficient to read printed reports and items on the
3. Communications: Verbal communication is frequent; much of the time is spent exchanging ideas and information with coworkers.
4. Level of exertion: Work is occasionally heavy, with regular exertion up to 40 pounds and occasional exertion of up to 60 pounds of force to
handle materials or equipment; also may occasionally be required to push up to 400 pounds with assistance.
1. Reading: The position requires reading ability at a level sufficient to read text of considerable difficulty, requiring understanding of complex
rules, technical procedures, reports, specifications, manuals or interpretations.
2. Writing: Writing skills are required at a level consistent with basic communication.
3. Verbal Skills: The position requires verbal skills at a level consistent with providing clear and concise information on technical matters.
4. Mathematical Ability: Math ability needs to be at a level consistent with calculating rates and proportions.
5. Reasoning Ability: Reasoning ability needs to be at a level consistent with solving apparent problems through well established procedures.
Requires some independent judgment, as when dealing with safety issues or equipment issues.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Ability to work well in a group and individually. Some degree of mechanical aptitude may be required. Previous experience with presses or similar equipment may be essential.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED
Must be able to perform all the functions of an Operator I in addition to the operation of all machines within their area as follows:
Molding – Laser Operations (2&3 at minimum); Laser Trim and Balance; All Molding Machines
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Relocation allowance may be provided if the individual has all of the necessary qualifications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, qualified candidates should log onto https://careers-horton.icims.com.
Horton Holding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. EOE. Veterans/Disabled
For more information on Horton, Inc. please visit our web site at www.hortonww.com.
No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
VEVRAA contractor/subcontractor Requesting Priority Referral of Protected Veterans