Horton, Inc., a global airflow industry leader in reliability, service and innovation has an opening for a Buyerto work in our Britton, SD location
: Under the direction of the Purchasing & Materials Manager, Purchasing Agent plans and analyzes production schedules and material requirements to ensure an accurate and timely flow of approved materials to meet delivery requirements. Oversees all activities of Purchasing and is considered a primary
1. Conducts company-wide training and implementations of:
1.1 Uniform policies and procedures for purchasing process to be followed at purchasing locations in order to create efficiency and control of said process.
1.2 Provides direction for continuous improvement of the purchasing process, including transaction processing internally and with suppliers.
2. Plans material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet delivery requirements.
2.1 Plans inventory from forecast while maintaining minimum inventory levels through plant scheduling.
2.2 Alters schedules to accommodate unforeseen conditions such as changes in parts availability, order priority, or machine breakdown.
3. Prepares and analyzes information relating to materials.
3.1 Assist in coordinating material movement between warehouse (s) and production areas.
3.2 Creates custom reports for professional and production staff.
3.3 Analyzes inventory usage and shrinkage for gaps lined to production needs.
3.4 Plans and analyzes the procurement of materials to assure accurate and timely on-hand quantities based on production estimates relative to economic order points and time parameters.
3.5 Also, is responsible for MRO purchases.
4. Assure the continuous supply and timely procurement of materials to ensure that production operates at optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
4.1 Assist in price / cost analysis and development of long-term purchase contracts for purchased products, goods, and services. Communicates with all suppliers, company requirements and
expectations. Negotiates with qualified suppliers to obtain the lowest total cost for products and services.
5. Conduct supplier review for on-time delivery and quality expectations. Takes actions when sub-contractor is not performing at desired levels. This may include a corrective action process that
involves several departments within both organizations.
6. Where possible, recommends component standardization in order to create economies of scale and reduce variables, thus enhancing quality and developing potential cost savings.
7. Provides information and shares ideas about materials and purchasing operations that will assist in the development of successful strategic plans for the plant.
8. Oversees all functions of the purchasing department. Delegates, empowers, mentors, disciplines and directs purchasing staff.
9. Performs other duties as directed by the Purchasing / Material Manager. Participates in special projects, either independently or with others, to develop reports, graphs and process improvements
relating to operations and purchasing.
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Ability to read and understand prints and drawings
Verbal skills to explain technical matters
Analytical skills to resolve complex situations
Problem solving skills
Knowlege of MRP, MPS, and forecasting techniques in a manufacturing environment
Prefer APICS certification and experience with Oracle