Company Information: Horton, Inc., a global airflow industry leader in reliability, service and innovation has an opening for a Quality Engineer to work in our Britton, South Dakota location.
These requirements are only a guidline, all levels of skill from level 1 to senior will be considered for this position.
Provide support, guidance and drives quality internally and externally. Provides support in new product development and purchasing of equipment. Collects, tests, analyzes data and determines root causes. Maintains audits system and conducts audits.
1. Drive quality improvement in the manufacturing plants, the supply base and in the non-production functions.
2. Provide guidance to peers in quality and the supply base based on quality expertise.
3. Provide quality engineering support in new product development. Includes helping in the development of assembly methods, assembly line layout and capacity analysis.
4. Participates on Product Flow, Control Plans and PFMEA teams during product development.
5. Assists in designing or purchasing equipment and tools to meet product specifications in relationship to quality.
6. Provide work direction to assembly and manufacturing personnel during the implementation of projects in regards to quality processes or procedures.
7. Works with sensitive company design and quality data including specifications and costs.
8. Gathers and examines basic reliability data from field studies or data base, and correlates the data for analysis using well defined engineering techniques/principles/procedures
9. Performs detailed/routine engineering calculations involving relatively simple tests on less complicated system details
10. Initiates elemental engineering studies into equipment/process failures and presents details of the analysis to more experienced engineers for approval/feedback for gaining in-depth experience and improving judgment for advancing to higher level jobs
11. Assists product engineers to develop key test that provide predictive product reliability data
12. Works under supervision of other engineers and receives guidance in the use of standard company procedures for use of reliability analysis specific to the product/process
13. Initiates 8Ds where necessary to determine “difficult to determine” root-causes.
14. Maintains audit system and conducts audits.
Demonstrate an expertise in problem solving skills, including being able to identify, investigate and countermeasure manufacturing or supplier related technical and / or systemic issues. Posses the ability to be self-directed. Able to build effective teams and the ability to work with suppliers, plant manufacturing, and purchasing to ensure the deliverables are met. Experience with manufacturing processes for components. Experience with automotive components and functional requirements.
BS Engineering or equivalent experience
Note: Equivalent education equals 2 years of closely related experience for 1 year of education.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Relocation allowance may be provided if the individual has all of the necessary qualifications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, qualified candidates should log onto https://careers-horton.icims.com.
Horton Holding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. EOE. Veterans/Disabled
For more information on Horton, Inc. please visit our web site at www.hortonww.com.
No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
VEVRAA contractor/subcontractor Requesting Priority Referral of Protected Veterans